Monday, November 14, 2011

End of an Era


I knew this day would come -- my wonderful vanilla has been completely consumed, all 33.8 ounces of it.

I bought this in Ensenada, Mexico, while on a cruise in March 2002. It was my favorite vanilla and I used it in everything I baked. Who'd have thought it would have lasted this long?

This past January, I was, once again, on a cruise to Mexico, and my primary task was to find a replacement, knowing that the end was in sight. Sadly, I was unable to find anything in the same quantity. I did return with two small bottles of vanilla, but they won't last long at all at the rate I bake.

This vanilla was the best buy ever, in both taste and cost, so I guess the search will begin again.

1 comment:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I'm so sorry. Was it real Vanilla? I've read so many things about Mexican vanilla being artificial.