Wednesday, August 26, 2009

BB: Mango Banana Daiquiris


I was all set to make these daiquiris before my trip to Arkansas, but, alas, time ran out. With the mango safely stowed in the refrigerator, and a new bottle of rum on the kitchen counter, I had a special treat waiting for me upon my arrival home.



I only made half a recipe. First, there is only so much alcohol I can consume on my own; second, my one mango equaled one cup.


Even so, there still was an abundance of daiquiri, so I was hoping that my daughter would be willing to try some when she got home from work. I say hoping, because several months ago, I used some frozen mangoes to make daiquiris, and the taste was forgettable for both of us. Fresh makes all the difference.



Well, I drank my half while I was vacuuming, a good way to get chores done. And, luckily, my daughter polished off the remaining half after many assurances that this version was much, much better.


Thanks to Barefoot Blogger Veronica from Supermarket Serenade for a new fruity drink to add to the repertoire.

No comments: